As a pet parent, feeling protective of your fur child is one of the most natural emotions – in fact it is very natural to be consumed by questions that surround how they are feeling, eating, sleeping, are they comfortable enough, are they getting enough love and play and so on. Every pet parent is often faced by these and as someone who is responsible for the wellbeing, safety, and comfort of a beautiful little four-legged fur baby – pet parents wish to ensure they have all ends covered, whether it is factoring in the environment, routine, season, or any other.
Life in the UAE, as comfortable as it is – it does pose its own set of challenging weather conditions, especially in the peak summer months between April to October.
If you’ve newly relocated here, or just had a Dubai pet relocation – our advice is do not go into a retail frenzy of shopping things that might not be needed. If you’re about to undergo a pet relocation from Dubai or into it, we recommend that you simplify this move and get expert pet relocation services in Dubai. Next, begin by understanding and being mindful of your pet’s needs, and then bring it to action.
As pet parents ourselves, we’ve put down some of the most efficient year-round tips that’ll help you plan, prepare, and look after your pets like an absolute pro.
Bid farewell to summertime sadness
If you’re relocating internationally or within the UAE, begin by getting expert and licensed experts for pet relocation from Dubai. Ensure they have experience dealing with varying climates and seasonal considerations, which will definitely ensure a happy and comfortable journey for your fur baby.
- Next, always ensure your pet has access to fresh, clean water and keep regularly refilling his/her water bowl to ensure their hydration game is strong! If you’re away for long periods, have them looked after by a pet care day center, a neighbor, or a reliable pet sitter to check on your fur child. We strong advise against leaving your pet outdoors in the peak summer periods however, even when you do in the cooler months, make sure that leave them in shaded spaces, outdoors and plenty of water.
- Avoid strenuous exercise during peak heat hours; and save their walks, runs, or park trips for early mornings or late evenings. Word of advice: Keep a close, attentive watch for signs of increase body temperature, such as heavy panting, or extreme lethargy.
- If you live in a villa and have a garden or a backyard, ensure that your outdoor space has dense shade for your pet to rest comfortably. Consider setting up a kiddie pool with water so your pet has an accessible cooling spot.
- Never leave your pet unattended in a parked car on hot days. Opt to leave them at home to avoid any risks.
- For longer-haired pets, consider pet-safe cooling products like vests or bandanas. Test any product first to ensure your pet is comfortable.
And cosy up in during the winters
While the UAE winters are the most-awaited time of the year and are warmly welcomed by everyone that reside here, it does get quite cold – especially after a very hot summer. Here are a few ways to prep your pet for the cooler temperatures:
- Reduce outdoor durations, especially when it’s too windy or raining, and help them avoid exposure to drafts, dampness, or diseases.
- For the winter months only, add a few extra blankets to your pet’s sleeping area. Ensure their bed is elevated off drafts and change bedding regularly if damp.
- Be cautious of cold, slippery surfaces like concrete or tile and before letting your pet walk or run on them, test it with your hand, first.
- Provide fresh water using insulated bowls that won’t get icy cold. Consider leaving bowls indoors or adding lukewarm water periodically on chilly days.
- Keep a close watch on elderly pets with lower resistance to cooler temperatures, and keep them in for extended periods in significantly cold weather.
- With the holidays around this period, it is also critical to ensure all electrical wires, pads, lights, and candles out of reach. Blow out flames before leaving your pet unattended to avoid any potential hazards.
Transform your environment into the perfect oasis for your pet
With all of these tips at your disposal, you’re now ready to bring your beautiful little Pets to Dubai and build a comfortable environment for them. It is critical to consider that when you’re planning a pet relocation from Dubai during weather extremes or the holiday season, it’s absolutely imperative to have expert and experienced professional pet relocation services in Dubai by your side – not only does this uncomplicated your move, but you also have the peace of mind knowing that they are familiar with the nuances of domestic and international pet travel regulations and airline policies.
With the right support, guidance, and assistance of an expert, relocating pets to a new home in Dubai is easier than ever before. Once you are done with the process of Dubai pet relocations, put out your welcome mat, shape your space for your pet and get set to begin this brand-new beautiful journey, together!